[Dixielandjazz] Blues My Naughty Sweetie...

domitype domitype domitype at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 20:44:31 EST 2018

This topic came up on the Facebook DJML group - is the patter verse of
Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gave To Me something that somebody added on at
some point?

I am no expert on the song, don't have the original sheet music, but I did
find this 1919 version with the "stop time" bit included, so I think it is
as written...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNt2Dpu0rM8

The only other version I have heard includes the words "Sweaty Nighty" as
sung by the late (and lamented) Dave "Whoopee Fingers" Cotter - banjo
player in several California bands.

Dave Richoux