[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in HI?

Larry Garrett lrg4003 at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 14:15:04 EST 2018

Aloha Lynn and welcome to the islands.  At least one of them.  There's not much for Trad jazz around here but your best bet will be in Honolulu.
There's no venue that I'm aware of that consistently offers any trad music although once in awhile a group from the Mainland will pop up over here for a limited engagement.  Top club in Honolulu is The Blue Note and it has name jazz players coming through.  Jazz Minds Art & Cafe has jazz 6 nights a week and claims to offer trad from time to time.  Your best bet will be to Google Honolulu Trad jazz and see if someone happens to be in Honolulu when you're here.  Or come on over to Kauai and we'll jam a little.  Have a great trip!  Larry

Larry Garrett
Writer.  Clarinet Player.
816-588-8200