[Dixielandjazz] Who and Where We Are ???

Gene Hovland gene24 at rushmore.com
Thu Aug 30 10:20:38 EDT 2018

1.  Gene Hovland
2. Rapid City, South Dakota
3. I began playing the accordion at the age of 6 and trombone at age 11.
My musical career has include playing in numerous concert bands and ensembles.  My love of Dixieland Jazz began in 1958 when I attended a performance by Dukes of Dixieland in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  After retirement in 2006, I have attended seven Dixieland jazz camps in California and New Orleans.  I also have played Dixieland trombone on five jazz cruises.
4.  I found out about the Dixieland group after attending several Jim Cullum Jazz Band concerts in San Antonia about 1996.  I have learned invaluable information regarding OKOM from this email group.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10