[Dixielandjazz] Who are you? etc

Maurice Walker mwalker637 at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 18:52:10 EDT 2018

 > 1) Who are you?,
 > 2) Where are you?,
 > 3) Musician?, and, for good measure,
 > 4) When did you join this august list?

Maurie Walker

Lakewood, Colorado, immediately west of Denver

Tenor banjo player, but have also dabbled on tuba, cornet, clarinet, soprano, and washboard.
Also do arrangements and transcriptions, and if no one intervenes, I may sing.
First played in St Louis, with members of the Dixie Stompers and future members of the St Louis Ragtimers.
Played in LA with the Excelsior Banjo Band, and did a six-year stint with the banjo show band The Levee Loungers, out of the Twin Cities.
Have a forty-five year on-and-off relationship with Denver's Queen City Jazz Band, including some five years as the leader.
Played cornet with the Denver Nighthawks.
Played ragtime with the Queen City Ragtime Ensemble, the Ragtime Banjo Commission, the Cali-Co Ragtime Quartet, and currently with Something Doin' -- The Big Little Ragtime Band.

Don't remember when I joined this list, but I think the late Boston banjoist Cal Owen was significantly involved in it at the time.

Maurie Walker