[Dixielandjazz] Who and Where We Are ???

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Wed Aug 29 14:40:16 EDT 2018

    Well, OK.

1) Who are you?
        Dan Augustine.

2) Where are you?
        Austin, Texas.

3) Musician?
        Depends who you ask. But, yes, usually. Play tuba in 4 dixieland bands
        here and have written a lot of leadsheets and some arrangements of dixie tunes.
        Also have a Ph.D. in music theory, but couldn't get a job teaching in college,
        so i became a mainframe computer-programmer at the University of Texas
        at Austin for 24 years (but have been retired for 14 years). Also play in a
        British-style brass band (Eb Bass in Austin Brass Band), concert band,
        2 polka bands, 4 dixieland bands, a brass ensemble, and substitute on tuba
        in a brass quintet, symphony orchestra, banjo club. Also write and publish
        arrangements (see my Daniel S. Augustine page at Sheet Music Plus Press).

and, for good measure,
4) When did you join this august list?
         No, i joined in April, not August, of 2000. Went to several "Face to Face" DJML meetings at the old Sacramento Jazz Jubilee and have an authentic "DLML" badge.

    Dan