[Dixielandjazz] Who and Where We Are ???

Deborah Anne Doyle zorrah at well.com
Wed Aug 29 14:23:49 EDT 2018

1) Who are you?, Deborah Doyle
You didn't ask for a bio but here it is. A lurker mostly. My dad, John/Jack Doyle, who played the trombone through college, raised me on trad jazz. He loved the West Coast Revival sound, having discovered it at Stanford. I actually thought Turk Murphy was part of the family because Dad always referred to him in conversation as "your uncle Turk." He and my mother, Mary, were involved in the Potomac River Jazz Club in the D.C. area then moved to California. With them, I attended many jazz festivals over the years. After mom died, Dad moved to Windsor and ran the Wine Country Trad Festival for its final (profitable!) year. Dad is 93 now and not very active. I still love jazz and listen to it when I can. Laissez, etc.

2) Where are you? Windsor (Sonoma County), California (after many years in San Francisco)
3) Musician? Singer
4) When did you join this august list? No earthly idea. A long time ago!