[Dixielandjazz] Responding-- who/what/when/where

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Aug 29 13:12:32 EDT 2018

Hello DJML friends-

From:  Norman Vickers,  Jazz Pensacola

Who:-- see below for address etc.

What: active with Jazz Society of Pensacola since it began in 1984.  Served
various positions on board of American Federation of Jazz Societies
-newsletter editor, president  '91.

When became a subscriber to DJML-in 80s sometimes but overwhelmed with the
volume of correspondence.  Dropped out after a time ( didn't know that one
could get collated material daily or similar so my computer was clogged) and
then rejoined later.

Musician:  yes, amateur pianist and chromatic harmonica ( I tell people that
piano is hard as hell to carry around with you but chromatic harmonica is
handy and one can play along with the radio, recording or improvise as
needed)

Other:  practiced internal medicine, subspecialty gastroenterology, in
Pensacola 1965 to 2001 and in early days of Jazz Society of Pensacola it ran
out of a corner of my medical office.  Joke was that when you called for
Norman, the question was " Is it medical or musical?" (smile)

See below - I have a blog on our Jazz Pensacola website and some of my
material is published by The Syncopated Times.

Thanks.

Norman

F.Norman Vickers

5429 Dynasty Drive