[Dixielandjazz] 94 yr old trombonist

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:51:14 EDT 2018

I heard Spiegle Willcox (born 1903) in either 1993 or 1996.  He recorded in
Holland in 1994.  And "The Mississippi Rag" had a feature on a trombonist
nearing 100 and still playing (I cannot recall the name right now).  The
New Orleans trumpeter Lionel Ferbos was still playing at 100.
Does that indicate anything?   I have my doubts.
Cheers