[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Discrepancies in Tune Chords

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 23 13:53:26 EDT 2018

Phil,

I agree with your thoughts about chords.
I used to play with a group in El Cerrito, California called "The Gateswingers", with
Bob Mielke on trombone.

He once told me to play simple chords in order to leave room for the other musicians.

When working on sheet music I sometimes find what I think are errors in the chords, and change them in my lead sheets.

Bruce

Message: 9