[Dixielandjazz] Dr. Armstrong, I presume?

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 3 12:51:21 EDT 2018

I happened to be flicking through one of these trendy publications plainly concerned very seriously with the financial welfare of trained die-tit-ians (Titians?) and quite possibly readers too.
What do I read at the start of the blathers about De-tox ???
The man recommends    SWISS KRISS !!!
For years this (I gather) chocolate-packaged loosener of bowels was recommended wholeheartedly if with gradually less weight by our proper hero Louis Armstrong.  So who needs the recommendation of a mere member of the profession quacks claim to be members of?

Louis said it first !!!
When in his later and lighter years his enthusiasm for the product was challenged by an English journalist, so far as I recall the observation "you don't look too robust" was met by Louis.
"Who is robust? Are you robust? If you're robust I must be Sears!"
So far as I recall my first acquaintance with the name Sears Roebuck was in the discography of Leroy Carr, some of whose recordings appeared on a Sears Roebuck label for sale to customers who had accounts with that long distance mailing business.
What happened to that idea of sales by mail?
Don't answer that! People might accuse you of taking the modern post-World too seriously!
Robert R. Calder