[Dixielandjazz] Tony Parenti's All Stars

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:34:07 EDT 2018

Hello folks,
Has anybody got the Tony Parenti's All Star session of 29 August 1955
Jazztone 1215?    There are ten numbers on my South African pressing, but
only nine are listed both on the sleeve and the label.  Side one seems to
be correct, as the numbers, other than Tony's Rag, are quite well known (In
the Good Old Summertime, Frankie and Johnny, Maple Leaf Rag and Maryland My
Maryland).  Side two is more problematic  the five tracks only two - Bill
Bailey and Careless Love - are well known.  The other three are Vieux
Carre, City of the Blues and I've Been Working on the Railroad, none of
which I know (although  I believe Vieux Carre is on one or another of my
New Orleans records).  I might have heard "I've Been Working on the
Railroad," but probably not in a jazz context.  While it's the only one of
the three with the entire front line (an excellent one, by the way), the
other pair is by a duo, and I cannot tell which is which.  I'll be obliged
for any forthcoming help.
Cheers (just had a La Chouffe, a great - strong - Belgian ale),
Marek

בלי
וירוסים. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>