[Dixielandjazz] Tiger Rag

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 16 09:10:58 EDT 2018

De: Richard Pearl <banjomobile at msn.com>

>The trombone player is just a terrific player! That's a very good solo
whether he uses his toes or fingers. the drummer is excellent as  well - he
plays the song !!!

Thanks very much, Richard.  That's me on the trombone.  A few notes out of
tune, but basically I can get it fairly correct!  If not, I wouldn't even
attempt it.  A trick is good as long as it is still musical.  Yes, our
drummer is very good.  Very attentive to what is going on around him.  He
confessed to us when he joined the band 17 years ago that the first jazz
record he heard as a kid was our first LP!  He has fit in well, and most
important, is a real nice guy.  The trumpeter on that gig was sitting in for
our regular guy.  He's from Bosnia, but grew up in Canada.  The rest of the
guys are all Spanish.

I like to joke that the drummer has to keep playing his solo until I'm fully
dressed again (meaning my shoe & sock are back on).  That's why I don't
strip even further, as his solo would be too long!!

By the way, the Bob Havens video shows him on the Lawrence Welk show (years
ago), and he lies down on his back and puts his shoe in between the slide.
Not sure how he could control the slide that way, plus, at 77 years of age,
I don't think I want to get down on my back!!

Jim