[Dixielandjazz] LAWSON HAGGART JAZZ BAND

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Wed Apr 11 07:15:18 EDT 2018

I wish they'd make those Lawson-Haggart sessions available again. Till
looking at Lord this morning I hadn't realised they'd had so many
issues. I have four or five of them and would very much like to grapple
with some of the rest.

The 'Way Out West' one is a beauty with just Bud Freeman and Yank as a
front line. 'Blues On The River' was a cracker, too. I think the
under-rated Stegmeyer had a good role in the arranging, too.

Super band.

Steve Voce

On 11/04/2018 09:41, Gerard Bielderman wrote:

> Alas, Tom Lord’s “The Jazz Discography Online” only suggests this
> personnel: Yank Lawson (tp)
> <https://www.lordisco.com/tjd/MusicianDetail?mid=6445&rid=84047>Lou
> McGarity (tb)
> <https://www.lordisco.com/tjd/MusicianDetail?mid=6396&rid=84047>Bill