[Dixielandjazz] Sal Pace

Dave Stoddard safetydave1980 at att.net
Tue Sep 12 00:19:57 EDT 2017

During our discussion of Sal Pace in 2007, we were not sure if Mr. Pace was
still with us or not.  Since then, I have found the Oxford University Press
website, which gives Sal's dates as 1906 - 1982.

By the way, I found and purchased the 1955 Pee Wee Erwin album Accent on
Dixieland at the Chapel Hill, NC Record Bar when I was at the University of
North Carolina in the early 1970s.  On Sunday, my Silver Creek Jazz Band
opened the 2017-18 season for the Austin (TX) Traditional Jazz Society, and
we played the Pagan Love Song, one of the selections on that album.  It was
the first time I had performed it.

I heard Pee Wee Erwin at the Jersey Jazz Society Picnic in 1979.  I am glad
I did, because he died in 1981.

Dave Stoddard

Round Rock, TX

---