[Dixielandjazz] Neal Hefti - was Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 179, Issue 2

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 6 16:06:15 EST 2017

variations on a theme, of .. or a barbed comment I do not rhu

Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb
Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb

Dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm dumm …

(ending of course as it begins, on a very low note)

and didn't Batman have a batman? Is there a round called Robin
or am I thinking about a bobbin (which couldn't have been a long)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today's Topics:   1. Neil Hefti (Robert Ringwald)
 Jimmy Bryant told me a tale about the recording of the theme for the TV series of Batman. Jimmy, of course, sings the ultra-high note at the end. He told me that Neal Hefti came into the studio with the sheet music at the top of which was written: Word & Music by Neal Hefti.Just in case someone doesn't get the joke, the lyric goes like this:

Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman, Batman
Batman, Batman, Batman

Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da

Batman!

Bob Ringwald piano, Solo, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet

Fulton Street Jazz Band (Dixieland/Swing)

916/ 806-9551

Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV

?If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed,

if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.? -- Mark Twain

---

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Message: 2