[Dixielandjazz] RIP Bob Erdos, 1930-2017

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 29 01:47:04 EDT 2017

> Dick Baker <djml at dickbaker.org> wrote:
> I just returned from a delightful trip to the Durango, Colorado, Ragtime and Early Jazz Festival to discover that my old friend Bob Erdos, founder of Stomp Off Records, died on Saturday, March 25.

Dear Dick and Listmates.
It was with sadness that I received the news from Germany.
Bob, through Stomp Off Records, gave us so much recorded jazz music that would otherwise have been overlooked.
What a great loss. And what a great legacy he has left us.
It was my pleasure to have met Bob and Erda on their visit to Australia and our annual Jazz Convention.
And to have been selected to contribute to Stomp Off Records in various ways over many years.
Kind regards,
Bill.