[Dixielandjazz] A lovely theme song from the days of swing bands

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 15 23:51:46 EDT 2017

Ken Gates <kwg915 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ​Somebody please help my memory----for the title of the theme song of Hal Mcintyre.  Was it
> "Whispering Wind" or something like that.  A lovely melody and arrangement as I recall.  Couldn't find
> it on youtube.

Dear Ken,
Hal McIntyre had two themes
“Moon Mist” (1942) and “Ecstasy” (1943).
There are also several references to his’ second theme’, "Commando Serenade”.

•Moon Mist; melody by Hal McIntyre & Dave Matthews was copyrighted on Jan 7, 1942 by Mutual Music Inc.
•Ecstasy; by Sid Brantley & Hal McIntyre was copyrighted on Feb 11, 1943 by Mutual Music Inc.

"Moon Mist" was recorded by the Hal Mcintyre Orchestra for Standard Transcriptions in 1942.
But not reissued, that I can find.
A Hal McIntyre discography lists it as “In The Moon Mist”, but I suspect that this in incorrect and has been confused with the Les Brown/Doris Day 1940s hit song.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyWZg7KqZkg

“Ecstasy” was recorded by Standard Transcriptions in 1943 and is on a Golden Era LP 15022.
Refer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qgXqFPnn5w
Mercer Ellington also wrote a tune called “Moon Mist”.
As did Art Landry in 1924.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Bill