[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Wiggle -

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 19:14:45 EDT 2017

Dear Members,

I’ve been pursuing another published band chart, "New Orleans Wiggle” - 1924. I love the rising melody of the verse.

The closest I was able to get is a piano solo version and a lead sheet - it is not very close to the recording (except for the Verse).

Then, I discovered a copy of the orchestration in the Special Collections Department, Mississippi State University Libraries. They post an image of the front cover - however, they wanted $10 per page - times 24 pages.

Do you have any sources for this?

I’d be happy to pay $1 per page - but $250US is unreasonable. Most libraries & archives charge about $.25 per page -

Send me an email if you would like attachments to hear the recording and see the piano solo publication - attachments here are limited -

Cheers,

Andrew