[Dixielandjazz] As to "Blue Prelude"

Ken Gates kwg915 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 11:12:04 EST 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBC5t-IAl8

As for "Blue Prelude" ---
I had no idea it was recorded by so many.
I did hear it on the Peggy Lee CD with George Shearing
a few years back.  Wasn't drawn to it then or now---the
lyrics and the arrangement (all fine musicians, of course)
just didn't register with me.
A few samples of those on you tube certainly present many
ways to interpret the melody and lyrics.  The Bing Crosby
version--perhaps the greatest *mis-match *of artist and song.

Of the youtube samples I tried--liked Nina Simone the most.

Glad to see the various opinions --- what the list is all about.

Ken Gates