[Dixielandjazz] Is This Trad ????

Bert mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:48:42 EDT 2017

Marek, I think the movie is from 1962. So actually 1 year after Acker and Ken had their biggest hits. Of course we could have intensive debate if those hits belong to jazz at all. Jazzy clarinet with strings for example is a good point to start with. However, my point is that at least these bands originated from the "trad" jazz corner. By some kind of miracle they became very succesfull and popular. But every jazz musician who became really popular had to make compromises. It never was generously sponsored by art funds.
I'm just happy the movie does exist in the first place. It is a strange experiment in how it was filmed. But also does give a glimpse of people near the peak of their popularity. Of course Chris by the time had lost Monty. Wheeler was never as popular with the crowds as he had been, but certainly not weeker as a player.

Have a nice day

Bert

Outlook voor Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden