[Dixielandjazz] Wally Fawkes Birthday

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Mon Jun 26 04:01:09 EDT 2017

It's ridiculous to describe Sandy Brown and Archie Semple as 'Trad'
clarinet players. They were stylistically different. Even Cy Laurie was
a pre-Trad player. The 'Trad' players were Terry Lightfoot, Monty
Sunshine and Co. I suppose Acker Bilk originated as one, but he
eventually transcended the form and played what could best be described
as 'Mainstream'.

Steve Voce