[Dixielandjazz] Wally Fawkes a birthday greeting (Steve Voce)

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 24 16:30:18 EDT 2017

Lists indeed!
Steve [Voce] is quitue rights about the lists lots of folk make --
the number of folk who can make lists is too large for a list to be made of them.

Lists you have read already are a pest.
New names and new associations -- that's something else.

I remember Kenny Davern being reported as having felt

like many of us did when the news of his departure came through--
Kenny's grief was over a more like latterday New Orleans clarinetist,

and it's not a reluctance to list which forces omission of the man's name.

The name doesn't come immediately to mind

(would be obliged by a reminder)

and just to give Steve a friendly jostle, here is a full list

of other jazzmen/ all instruments, whose names don't come to mind.

of course I can't sign this or I could be accused of pretending to be one of them --
or of forgetting myself?

all the very best (which some whose name I forget were not)!