[Dixielandjazz] Dixie in ruins

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jul 21 05:37:30 EDT 2017

Dixieland Jazz played vigorously in the ruins of a 13th century church in
the middle of the Iberian Peninsula!  An absolutely beautiful setting for a
concert which took place in the middle of July.

Please visit my son's blog to see some wonderful photos of the concert:

<http://www.kashphoto.com/blog/2017/7/14/week-35-lomography-lady-grey-takes-
kodak-cinestill-and-ilford-to-a-jazz-concert>
http://www.kashphoto.com/blog/2017/7/14/week-35-lomography-lady-grey-takes-k
odak-cinestill-and-ilford-to-a-jazz-concert

Although Neil lives in Frankfurt he caught the Lan Chile flight
Frankfurt/Madrid & took these great pictures.  Neil is a photo buff, as you
will see if you visit his site.  He is experimenting with different types of
film using his beloved Hasselblad, so if you are into that sort of thing you
will find his blog extremely interesting.  Feel free to have a look around
the site.  There is a huge interest in Germany for film photography & plenty
of places that do the developing, etc.

The audience was a mixture of all ages, and the concert was put on by the
group of people that restored this bit of the church.  We each were
presented with flowers at the end & invited over to the home of one of the
organizers for a midnight snack by the pool of local wine, cheese, olives,
etc.  It was an hour and a half drive back to Madrid which limited my intake
of wine, which was a shame as it was very good!

Overall a very nice experience.   Take a look at our Facebook page to see
some short videos:  Canal Street Jazz Band Madrid.

Jim