[Dixielandjazz] Johnny Vidacovich Lifetime Achievement Award

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Tue Jan 10 15:27:17 EST 2017

The story linked below is about drummer Johnny Vidacovich’s Lifetime Achievement Award from  the Offbeat, the New Orleans weekly music mag. I was touched by the amount and depth of praise from Johnny, while knowing that he became a better musician than I could ever take credit for. The lineage goes back another generation to Lou Dillon, who was a terrific, big-hearted teacher of me and the late Reed Vaughan in the mid-fifties.

Charlie

http://www.offbeat.com/articles/lifetime-achievement-music-drummer-johnny-vidacovich/ <http://www.offbeat.com/articles/lifetime-achievement-music-drummer-johnny-vidacovich/>