[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:17:24 EST 2017

Last Tuesday a friend and I went to hear the the Isradixie Band at the
Shablul in Tel-Aviv.  Unfortunately the place was nearly empty - perhaps
some 20 people or less - but the band nevertheless gave a great
performance.  Real pros, these guys.  And they played some new
arrangements, too.
Paul Moore's singing is something to be heard (and seen).  His words often
have very little to do with the lyrics as written, but are extremely funny.
The band features two octogenarians, Jacques Sany on soprano sax and Merton
Cahm (originally a Mancunian) on clarinet and tenor sax, both excellent.
The leader Felder is not only a wonderful trumpeter but also a great
arranger.
No ides why my friends will listen to records but hardly ever come to see
live performances; after all, there's nothing like the ambience of live
music, especially in a club setting.
Cheers