[Dixielandjazz] Maihack's reply.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 28 11:51:53 EST 2017

>>>- I'm not quite sure about the meaning of "decent gigs," but I know Turk didn't always accept gigs that I thought he thought he would've or should've.  I felt he was always afraid someone would try to exploit (my word) him for their own benefit.  Things like Freakers' Ball were good paying things and I think he did them as much for the rest of the band as for himself.  BTW, my "rock" tuba is very prominent behind Shel Siverstein's vocal on the title tune.<<<

Hi Jim.  I'm sure you don't remember me from way on back in the 90s when you sent me the Silverstein tracks on cassette, but I can tell you this for sure:  my memory for detail is definitely not what it used to be.  Please forgive my slipping up on my memory of your description of that Silverstein gig.  I, for one, am certainly glad Turk accepted it!