[Dixielandjazz] The D of D version of Blue Prelude

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Feb 27 14:54:21 EST 2017

Jim’s comments sum up my feelings about the Peggy Lee and Fred Assent "Blue Prelude" tracks. My favorite Peggy Lee recording is the 10”  LP "Black Coffee.”  She breaks yer heart on that song and on “When the World was Young” and others, and swings with fury and wit on "My Heat Belongs to Daddy.” Jimmy Rowles and Ed Shaughnessy give a clinic on perfect accompaniment. Stop me before I levitate.

Charlie