[Dixielandjazz] Blue Prelude

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 16:38:55 EST 2017

Hi Jim,

The Dukes version you remember featured trombonist Freddie Assunto and was on their RCA Victor LP, recorded in Chicago, IL, May 2 & 3, 1955, with  Frank Assunto (tp,vcl) Fred Assunto (tb) Pete Fountain (cl) Arthur Seelig (p) Bill Porter (b) Roger Johnston (d).

I found this on Youtube and it displays the album cover too:  https://youtu.be/NQ5BrsCkmPg

I remember my father bought this album when it came out.  I was 10 years old.  Between us we wore that record out and had to replace it years later.

In addition I found this live recording from 1952, also featuring Freddie Assunto:  https://youtu.be/pHI2Dmda8iY

The recording quality could be better but it is Youtube after all.

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

www.reallyoldrecords.com