[Dixielandjazz] Blue Prelude

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Feb 26 13:56:22 EST 2017

If you can find the Peggy Lee, George Shearing version, it is beautiful.

It is on the album recorded at the disc jokey convention in Miami I rthink,
sometime around 1955.

After the live performance, the band and Peggy Lee went into the studio and
recorded it. crowd noise and applaus were added and the recording was falsly
presented as the actual live performance.

Regardless, it is a great album - One of my favorites. I have a CD copy
somewhere but don't know where it is at this moment.

-Bob Ringwald