[Dixielandjazz] Down Beat magazine

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 13 17:12:31 EST 2017

philwilking <philwilking at cox.net> wrote:
> I don't have the magazine article, but if you are looking for the music for "Farewell To Storyville," I can send you that.

Dear  Phil,
Thank you for the kind offer, but I have the music and details for “Farewell To Storyville”, the Spencer Williams' song based on his 1924 “Good Time Flat Blues” and featured in the 1947 film 'New Orleans’.
I assume that the tune published in Down Beat is a different song known as “Storyville Blues/Going Back To Storyville”.

> The Tulane Jazz Archive or The Historic New Orleans Collection might have a copy of the magazine.

Unfortunately, I have found from past experience that US archival organisations will not provide information outside the US.
Which is why I am seeking help from my jazz mates.
Kind regards,
Bill.