[Dixielandjazz] Vince Giordano 2016-2017 Schedule

Vince Giordano vincegiordano at optonline.net
Thu Dec 14 14:24:21 EST 2017

2016 / 2017
Grammy Award Winner

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

**************************
The holiday season is upon us and we wish you peace, health and happiness…

We are grateful for your support and friendship!

Park Avenue Plaza & Chartwell Booksellers invite you to

HOLIDAY TEA AT THREE

Featuring Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

Saturday, December 16th

3pm to 6pm in the Lobby of the Park Avenue Plaza Building, 55 East 52nd Street (between Park & Madison)

Admission is FREE. Dancing in encouraged!

**************************

We continue to play almost every Monday & Tuesday night at

Iguana NYC on the 2nd Floor

240 W. 54th Street (between 8th & Broadway), NYC

8pm - 11pm BAND / Doors open at 7pm

Call 212-765-5454 for Reservations and great Tex-Mex food

$20 Cash Cover at the door plus

$20 Food / Drink Minimum

Please tell them you’re making a reservation to see the Nighthawks!

Monday, Dec 18th / Tuesday, Dec 19th*

Tuesday, December 26th

*******

Monday, Jan 15th / Tuesday, Jan 16th *

Monday, Jan 22nd / Tuesday, Jan 23rd

Monday, Jan 29th / Tuesday, Jan 30th

Monday, Feb 5th / Tuesday, Feb 6th

Monday, Feb 12th / Tuesday, Feb 13th

Monday, Feb 19th / Tuesday, Feb 20th *

Monday, Feb 26th / Tuesday, Feb 27th

Reservations are highly recommended!

There is an elevator too ~ HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

*Special guest: The Honey Taps

Please read the latest from our roadie Emmett Lindner:

http://columbiajournal.org/keeping-big-band-jazz-alive-vince-giordano-nighthawks-emmett-lindner/

- - - - - - - - - - -

Most Wednesday’s this winter

5:30pm - 7:00pm

David Ostwald’s Louis Armstrong Eternity Band

Vince will be on Banjo and Guitar

Birdland Jazz Club

315 W. 44th Street, NYC www.birdlandjazz.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are thrilled to announce that our DVD is for SALE!
Vince Giordano — There’s a Future in the Past

Watch the trailer: https://vimeo.com/179935106
Directed and produced by Dave Davidson and Amber Edwards of Hudson West Productions, the ninety-minute documentary explores how Vince Giordano, with his 11-member band The Nighthawks, has become the leading authority, practitioner, and purveyor of big band music of the 1920s and ’30s and chronicles—with humor and pathos—just what it takes to keep a Jazz Age enterprise going in the 21st century.
$22 with postage included within United States
[ $22 plus $12 for shipping world-wide ]
Purchase directly from our website:
http://vincegiordano.com/music

New York Times: CRITICS PICK. “The next best thing to dancing on air.”    Film Journal International: “one of the best music docs ever.”    The Word Review: “this filmic beaut swings, hitting gorgeous high notes for all of its 90 minutes.”    Village Voice:  “showcases both the recreations — persuasive revivals of tunes and arrangements and solos from the 1920s and '30 — and the great present-tense effort it takes to pull them off”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks - CDs Available!
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from the HBO Original Series
GRAMMY award-winner for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!

CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:

Café Society – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Bessie – Music from the HBO Film

Quality Shout!

Cheek to Cheek

Cotton Club Revisited

Bill Challis’ the Goldkette Project

The Aviator – Music from the Motion Picture

Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits of the 1930s & ‘40s

It’s De Lovely – The Authentic Cole Porter Collection

Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: Music from the HBO Original Series

Boardwalk Empire – Volume Three: Music from the HBO Original Series

Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230 / Payable to "Vince Giordano"

Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

****************************

Nighthawks in the News:
The Los Angeles Times
http://preview.tinyurl.com/l8ruehq

The New York Times
http://preview.tinyurl.com/zkmuxr2

Film Journal International
http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7yabzsk

The Wall Street Journal
http://eepurl.com/b9bLYL

The Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/hpnbhly

Interview on WQXR: Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/

Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIRon November 6th, 2013 ~

Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview

If you would like to be removed from our mailing, list just let us know.

Website: http://www.VinceGiordano.com

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks ~ 718-376-3489 ~ email: vincegiordano at optonline.net