[Dixielandjazz] Has the video documentary 'Sicily Jass' been shown or know to anyone?

Colin Toomer chtoomer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:43:02 EST 2017

Hello friends on the Dixieland Jazz email list,

The documentary 'Sicily Jass' has just been shown on the New Zealand
Arts Channel.

Only saw the last part of it. Hoping it will be shown again or maybe now
available on the Internet hidden on some music site?

What Mr. LaRocca said was/is controversial and would make lots of people
angry on his musical views.

Email me: Colin Toomer - chtoomer at gmail.com

If you know more about the dixieland jass band personnel than what I
have read. Not read everything so like to be enlightened about their
N.O. early yrs and their move to become 'famous' in N.Y. and other cities.

I am a drummer, so if anyone knows more about their drummer/s throughout
their playing careers, I would appreciate more info, please.

Regards,

Colin Toomer (71 yrs of age)

Whangarei, Northland,

New Zealand