[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge followed Louis Armstrong?

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Wed Apr 12 14:13:59 EDT 2017

Awww…some of these comments are getting hard-edged and personal, but hey, that’s a byproduct of getting into thoughtful exchanges. And many of the postings made interesting references to early jazz, as in Paul’s noting how other stylists are using Dixieland sources and Steve’s point that Dodds didn’t match Louis/Miles didn’t match Bird, etc.  I hope other strands emulate this kind of development. To me, good stuff.

Charlie