[Dixielandjazz] Barn Dance/Phil Harris

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Oct 17 23:30:18 EDT 2016

I just looked up the origin of the song, and I was wrong—it’s a rural place, with a quaint story. See the link below. I still feel that Phil Harris was an urbane performer (“Rugged But Right”…) often with a touch of self-irony, with jokes about his alcoholism. “Solid, Jackson!”

Charlie

http://www.dumaschamber.com/content/legend-ding-dong-daddy