[Dixielandjazz] Knurr

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 13 08:02:53 EST 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_gurnard
I discovered that our phishy John Knurr's surname is the norwegian for the above fish, notable for GROWLING -- you'd not be happy in a net, either!
Bubber Miley, Herb Morand etc., apart, it reminds me of the classic label misprint on a record by Blind Lemon Jefferson, patently innocent THAT CRAWLING BABY BLUES was mistyped on labels GROWLING BABY BLUES
-- I wonder whether Lemon ever worked with his fellow Texan Coley Jones? saithe the blues researcher.

"I wish I was a catfish" is of course the theme tune of all would-be stride pianists, since one German variety of catfish is known and eaten as WALLER

ANY MORE OF THIS AND PEOPLE WILL BE SINGING LIPS' PAGE'S "Fish for Supper"

Robert R. Calder