[Dixielandjazz] "No Stone Unturned"

Meg meggraf at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 16:51:35 EDT 2016

Hello, listmates Dick and Bill,

Thank you for your efforts to help me locate this music.  I have not been able to listen to the 1953 tune -- still
trying to figure out how to do that!

As to what prompted my interest and subsequent appeal for assistance to the list, I frequently listen to "Old Time Radio"
whilst at work:  "Command Performance," "AFSR," and so on.   It was on one of those
programs that I heard the song in question.  It sounded like what I call a "hot hotel number;" thus, my assumption
that it was probably from the '20s or '30s.  Definitely pre-'50s.

When I heard the tune, I was unable to stop what I was doing to look for more information about it.  When I
looked for it later, I was unable to retrieve it, and further searches have been fruitless.

You know how sometimes you hear a tune and just fall in love.  That's what happened with this one.  I am in
hopes of finding the music, learning it, and incorporating it into the repertoire.  It's one of those perfect numbers
that has everything I like in a piece of music.

Again, my sincere appreciation for your efforts.

All the best!
Meg and Big George