[Dixielandjazz] Cocuzzi Connection...

Kristy Cocuzzi kristycocuzzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:06:19 EDT 2016

Hi All!

John and I feel so blessed to have you in our circle! I don't believe I
have sent anything specific in regards to John's medical challenges on this
forum, but those who are in the know, I will tell you he is doing really
well, and we are so thankful for all your prayers and positive energy! If
you're not in the know, and wonder why, message me! As long as we can keep
making music, it's the best medicine we could ask for! So, thank you, thank
you, and thank you!

Here's what's upcoming for the Cocuzzi's to mark on your calendars. Your
support of live music is what keeps it happening!

Fri, March 18, John will be at Timbers in Roseville Sun City Del Webb with
Charlie, Jeannie, Elmer, and Bruce. Hours are 6 - 9. I will be there
offering moral and muscular support!

*Sunday March 20 - *The Cocuzzi Trio (Peter Hackett with us on drums for
your dancing pleasure) will be at:
*Rivercity Jazz Society*
*Redding Elks Lodge*
*250 Elk Dr*
*Redding, CA  96003*
*Hours: 1 - 4:30*
Cover is $10 for members, $15 for non members. Consider joining the club,
and get that $5 discount every concert! We will deliver your favorite swing
and classic jazz standards for your listening and dancing enjoyment. P.S. -
dancing is not required . . . only having a good time!

Here's one we aren't playing, but we hope to get to:
Tim Taylor (saxophone) will be at Monk's Cellar in Roseville on Thursday,
March 24 from 6 to 9. They are bringing live jazz, so we support it!
Address is 240 Vernon St., Roseville, CA!

*March 31 - April 3, of course, the fabulous REDWOOD COAST JAZZ FESTIVAL in
Eureka, CA!!! *John and I will be there in many incarnations, working with
kids, and some of our favorite musicians! Here's our schedule:

Friday:
Morning: Youth Clinics (So incredible to work with these kids, they are the
future!)
4:30 pm: Cocuzzi & Coots (YES! We love working with Danny!) Courtet w/Brian
Casserly - Morris Graves Museum

Saturday:
10:30 am: Cocuzzi & Coots Courtet with Dave Bennett & Jason Wanner -
tribute to the Kings of Swing! A festival favorite, and anytime I get to
play with Dave . . . sigh

3:00 pm: Red Skunk with Cocuzzi & Coots at the Adorni Center. We adore
Molly Reeves. She's the real deal, and so sweet to work with!

6:00 pm: Red Lion Inn: Cocuzzi & Coots Courtet! Things could get snarky.

Sunday
10:30 am: John and I guest with the Dave Bennett Swing Quintet. Pinch me I
must be dreaming.

5:30 pm: Red Lion, Cocuzzi & Coots Courtet after party, with special guest
Brian Casserly! Expect some surprise guests (the Tambourini sisters may be
in the house), a surprise instrument I haven't been bringing out with my
back issues, and incredible fun!

Please come to this festival if you can! You will have a fabulous time!
Great bands abound!

*April 9: *The Cocuzzi Duo will be at the Zinfandel Grille, 2384 Fair Oaks
Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95825. Hours are 7 - 10, no cover. Phone for
reservations is 916-485-7100. Thank you for the awesome turnout last time!

That's enough for now. If you made it this far, thanks for reading - and
please mark your calendars for anything you can get to! We love you and
hope you can get out and support live music every chance you get. We exist
because of your support!

Kristy and John Cocuzzi