[Dixielandjazz] Lloyd Byassee, RIP

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Wed Mar 16 21:32:49 EDT 2016

After a brief period of declining health, Lloyd Byassee passed away at the home of his daughter, Paige, on Tuesday, Mar. 16, exactly eight weeks to the day after his wife, Caroline, passed.  Before retiring, Lloyd played drums with many different groups, including Turk Murphy's San Francisco Jazz Band, the Bay City Jazz Band, the South Frisco Jazz Band, and the Titanic Jazz Band.

We marched under the same political/cultural banner for a good number of years, and I will miss his emails.

Sadly,

Bert Thompson