[Dixielandjazz] DJML should be fully back online now

Ross Anderson rossanmjband at iprimus.com.au
Fri Mar 11 16:53:50 EST 2016

Thank you Dave, well done.
Cheers, Ross
NMJBand.
www.newmelbournejazzband.com

-----Original Message-----
From: DJML Dave [mailto:djml.dave at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 12 March 2016 7:20 AM
To: rossanmjband at iprimus.com.au
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] DJML should be fully back online now

To all members,

Our hosting company, Islandnet, has just completed a massive server upgrade.
Our list had been neglected by them for over a month, so they could focus
their personnel on the server upgrade.  They host very few Mailman lists, so
they do indeed get neglected sometimes. One benefit of the new server
configuration is that their support staff will get early notifications of
issues with Mailman lists - something they didn't have before.

I was in phone contact with them this morning, and the helpful support chap
said our list had been transferred two days ago, but they probably had not
completed setup - whatever that entails.  He predicted he'd be able to get
it back up and running within two hours.  That was an hour ago, so they seem
to have met their self-imposed deadline.

I had been attempting to contact them for a few weeks, assuming that
internet companies preferred email and "chats", but it was the good old
telephone that finally got through.

Thanks for your patience, and let's all watch to ensure the list continues
to function.

Kindly,

Dave Haupt
Asst DJML Moderator