[Dixielandjazz] Albert Nicholas queries

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 22 00:56:15 EDT 2016

Marek Boym wrote:
> A friend enquired about th personnel on two Albert Nicholas recordings:

Dear Marek,
I had assumed that our colleague Gerard Bielderman would have answered that one.
He may be on holiday.
Here is what I have.

Concert in Europe: Albert Nicholas With The Downtown Jazzband.
Kees Dolle, Karel Rijper (tp) Gaspar Netscher (tb) Hans Veenstra (cl) Albert Nicholas (cl,vcl) Roefie Hueting (p) Dick Braxhoofden (bj,g-1) Co Atpress (b) [real name Kees Jasperse (b) ] Arie Merkt (d)
Live "Palais des Beaux Arts", Brussels, Belgium, December 4, 1955
    Struttin' with some barbecue    Col 33FP1075
    At the jazz band ball
    Margie (1)
    Blues for J.P.
    Fidgety feet
    When the saints go marching in (an vcl)       -
Note: All above titles also on GB Private (Du)GBCD-107 [CD] titled "Albert Nicholas in Europe".

Eric Krans' Dixieland Pipers With Albert Nicholas.
Jean Francois (t) Cees Tanger (tb) Albert Nicholas, Harry Kuypers (cl) Eric Krans (p) Koos van der Houven (bj) Henk Bosch van Drakestein (b) Louis de Lussanet (d)
Live "Minervapaviljoen", Amsterdam, November 28, 1957
    Mandy    Columbia (F)ESDF1221
    Lazy river
    At the jazz band ball
    Ugly chile