[Dixielandjazz] In memory of our late trumpeter, a video

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jul 23 12:37:21 EDT 2016

Please have a look/listen to our trumpeter, Pepe Nuñez, who passed away in
June at the age of 81 on this video which you can find at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEOhmgvxQW8

The audio was recorded recently and it is "Amapola" which I always insisted
that Pepe sing, although he made believe he didn't want to sing it.  He can
be heard here a bit weak already (he passed away soon after the gig),
however, you will get the idea of the big sound of this man's trumpet.  The
photos are from year´s past, and the interspersed video is from a TV show we
did a few years back (which has nothing to do with Amapola).  Pepe was with
us for 38 years.

Jim