[Dixielandjazz] Joe Glaser - Chicago Tribune, January 29, 2016

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 31 05:55:02 UTC 2016

Dear Bob,
When I started reading that interesting article, I was unaware that it was a responce to a one-man play "Satchmo at The Waldorf" written by Terry Teachout, author of the fine biography 'Pops, A Life Of Louis Armstrong'.
Googling put me on the right track and led me to a very interesting half-hour TV program 'Theatre Talk' with Mr Teachout, the actor John Douglas Thompson and show hosts Susan Haskins and Michael Riedel.
It is well worth a listen for those of us who understand what Teachout has attempted, the obvious conversion of 52 year-old John Douglas Thompson and the response from young outsiders who only knew Louis from a non-jazz viewpoint and his "Hello Dolly" hit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLc-TDlCVaA
Very kind regards,
Bill.