[Dixielandjazz] News from Bob Byler; Need Steve Voce's contact info

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 30 16:47:29 UTC 2016

To: DJML and Musicians & Jazzfans list

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Bob Byler, jazz journalist and videographer, has donated his archives to U.
of Southern Indiana, Evansville.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from his Christmas letter:

I'm donating my music writing, photos, tape & video archives to the
University of Southern Indiana at Evansville, a city where I led journalist
and jazz societies & directed jazz festivals, concerts and sessions by many
fine musicians.  Many negatives, photos and memorabilia have gone to USI's
archivist Jennifer Greene. ..I've spent 1,000+ hours yearly since 2001 to
archive jazz photos since 1955 and video since 1984.

Online videos honor Ruth.  Over 400 hours of videos are on YouTube in Bob
and Ruth Byler Archival Jazz Videos.  These honor Ruth, my loving partner in
55 years of photo, travel and life adventures  Byler Jazz Photos on Flickr
shows 1460 musicians in 148 folders.   We did 11 travel videotapes for tour
groups & libraries, to be re-edited and put online.  .

Bob Byler may be contacted  341 E. Seminole Dr. Venice, FL 34292; phone
941-0321.

Email: jazzbug2002 at yahoo.com

I need longtime British jazz writer Steve Voce's contact info.  My e-mails
to him have been bouncing.  Thanks for your help.

  Contact Norman at :  nvickers1 at cox.net

                                                                --End--