[Dixielandjazz] An Ernie Carson LP query.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 25 10:47:07 UTC 2016

>>>Dear Mike,
The only Ernie Carson recording for RCA that I could find is this one:<<<

Thanks, Billsy.  Well, maybe I was dreaming.  But after seeing it at least a couple times at a record store, and beating myself up each time afterwards for not buying it, tends to make me think I wasn't dreaming.  The cover showed a picture of Ernie and band sitting, photo taken obliquely and (I recall) from an elevated position.  And each time I looked at it I couldn't help but note it being early 70s (73 sticks in my memory), Red Seal, and (being early 70s) Dynaflex.

My God, Bill.  Maybe you've single-handedly created, through sheer practical brilliance, yet another chapter in my memoirs.  "The 'Lost' Ernie Carson LP: The Denial Years (with Post-script by Wm Haesler)".