[Dixielandjazz] An Ernie Carson LP query.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Feb 25 09:04:43 UTC 2016

M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> I did a search and found nothing.
>
> Years ago, I found an RCA Victor Red Seal LP at a Monterey record store of Ernie Carson and ______ .  I have no recollection of what it was, per se.  Does anyone have such an LP?  Early 70s, no doubt Dynaflex.  But Red Seal.  If anyone has it, I'd love a copy.  Reply privately, if desired.  Though publicly might jazz up the list a bit.  Just a thought.

Dear Mike,
The only Ernie Carson recording for RCA that I could find is this one:

Turk Murphy
Let The Good Times Roll.  Vic LPM2501
Ernie Carson (c,t) Turk Murphy (tb,vcl) Bob Helm (cl,vcl) Pete Clute (p) Bob Short (tu) Frank Capp (d) Pat Yankee (vcl)
Los Angeles, May 1, 1961
M2PB0338    Panama    (unissued)
M2PB0339    Terrible blues
M2PB0340    Alexander's ragtime band (py vcl)
M2PB0341    Tin roof blues (py vcl)
M2PB0342    Sweet Georgia Brown
M2PB0343    Lonesome road
Los Angeles, May 2, 1961
M2PB0344    Struttin' with some barbecue
M2PB0345    Big butter and egg man
M2PB0346    Wild man blues
M2PB0347    Paddle-wheelin' along
M2PB0348    Tiger rag              RCA ANL1-1431(e)
M2PB0349    Bilboa song
   		    Let the good times roll
Note: RCA Victor LPM2501(mono) = LSP2501(stereo).
RCA ANL1-1431(e) titled "The best of dixieland"; rest of LP by others.

Too early for RCA Red Seal Dynaflex that was introduced in the early 1970s
However, the Murphy LP has a Victor (HMV logo) Red Seal label.
Kind regards,
Bill.