[Dixielandjazz] Chicago's Record Mart Closes-- Steve Cheseboro comments

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:52:26 UTC 2016

Norm and all, I feel so bad about this because unlike the people referred to in the article, I do things differently. At this moment, I have 2940 songs on my phone. When I ran out of room on my 32GB Iphone 5, I upgraded to a 64GB Iphone 6S and will have plenty of room to keep adding.

When I travel, I check for jazz and classical radio stations and maybe a little bluegrass and if I don’t find the stations, I have my own music with me. When I stand out in front of my doctor’s office waiting for a ride, I play music for all of the people going in.

Another aspect is this. When I go to a concert, I’m prepared to buy CDs. At times, I’ve bought them for $20 when they were on sale from Itunes for $9.99. As I tell the artists, now you won’t have to carry as much back.

I know that I’m not going to be able to change society by myself and by what I do, but that’s my modus operandi.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL