[Dixielandjazz] Safe mailing of CDs?

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 21 02:27:51 UTC 2016

I hope someone can answer this question. I’ve made multiple copies of two
CDs of my late brother Don’s best playing. I want to send them to his two
adult kids, nine nephews, and a few friends (all in the USA). Is there a
safe way of mailing them, short of buying expensive bubble packs? I receive
Netflix DVDs in simple paper envelopes. Would standard manila envelopes,
maybe with a piece of cardboard for support and “Do not Bend” written on the
envelope be pretty safe?

Hi Charlie,

A bit late coming in on this; I use the inexpensive CD/DVD paper sleeves
with a transparant window, a sheet of A4 paper, a light/medium weight
manilla envelope of about 7x9 inches (A5 ?) size and a few staples.

With the CD in its sleeve, I fold the A4 sheet in half then staple the left
hand edge about 1/4 inch in and half way between top/bottom edges. I then
staple the top edges of the folded A4 sheet   then drop the CD and sleeve
into what is now a paper pocket. I then put one more staple thru the A4
sheet making sure not to staple the CD or its paper sleeve, then pop into
the outer envelope, CD/sleeve end first. This will ensure the CD/sleeve is
retained at the opposite end of the outer enevelope from the postage stamp
and any chance of it being damaged when the stamp is postmarked.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

John D
Suffolk, UK