[Dixielandjazz] Kash fixed

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Feb 1 15:33:20 UTC 2016

I believe I have my djml posts sorted out.  Hopefully, I will see this post
back in my mailbox meaning that my posts are functioning properly.  The test
I recently sent out got to djml, as I received two posts saying so, but my
own post didn't appear in my inbox.  I have spoken with my people that take
care of my web page & they have put djml on a white list.  Recently, they
had strengthened my spam protection which most likely put djml on the black
list.

Still honking, anyway, after a brief (6 days) visit to see my Mother (now
98!) in Indiana.  Really enjoying my new (now 6 months old) Yamaha trombone
that I have mentioned on djml.

Also, recently bought a Pixie mute which goes inside the horn for using with
a plunger. Plus, I have bought the soft version of a bucket mute.  It's like
a cloth hat that partially fits over the bell.  Imitates the clumsy clip-on
bucket mute quite well.  Those, plus my Tommy Dorsey mute & my plunger
(Humes & Berg, not the toilet plunger) fill out my mute bag.  I also
partially cover the bell with a hand cloth for tunes like Lil' Darlin',
Black & Blue, etc.  Getting the covered bell right close into the mike with
a nice touch of reverb gets an intimate sound that is useful for those kinds
of tunes.  I always have hands-on control of my mike level & amount of
reverb right beside me.  A good mike can be used for ambient sound, and also
to change the complete mood of an individual sound, using it tastefully.

I'm a great fan of changing the horn's sound to create different moods.
Always grabs the attention of the listening public!  "What's he stuffin' up
there now?"    :>

jIM