[Dixielandjazz] Graham Tayar RIP

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 9 21:39:27 EDT 2016

Dear Bill and mates,

                    Bill has sent me a note that the YouTube link seemed to be incorrect. Seemed is right, for precision read Haesler! It was a straightforward copy and paste.

This is faintly weird.  I checked the link previously sent -- after just now re-copying it from YouTube -- and for some reason unknown to me it delivered not YouTube but the Guardian obituary! So I checked the one recopied below, and it also took me to the Guardian  ....  but then it shifted and the sound of the all stars emerged and there was YouTube.

If the link below doesn't operata "YouTube crouch end all stars" should summon Graham, Wally and the others from the vasty deep, when we do call to them, and with the answer of music. The link was correct OK, but quite how it took me to the Guardian, and didn't take me or Bill to YouTube I have no idea. I tried the link below from this mail just now again before sending it and it worked!  As I hope it will for anybody else interested. Very oddly every time I go to YouTube these days the screen tells me it cannot play the item requested, then after a brief delay it proceeds to play whatever (unless somebody has pulled whatever item -- which shouldn't happen, for the band's one LP is out of print and how else hear them. I gather there was more coverage in the north London press when Graham died, a few weeks back,
and perhaps someone can tell his family we've noticed him,

very kind regards,

Robert R. Calder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrHPSe0MG0