[Dixielandjazz] Vince Giordano August 2016 Schedule

Vince Giordano vincegiordano at optonline.net
Mon Aug 1 15:19:39 EDT 2016

Vince Giordano & the NighthawksAugust 2016
Grammy Award Winner
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Please opt-IN to receive our periodic schedule updates by clicking HERE
**************************
We continue to play every Monday & Tuesday night at
Iguana NYC
240 W. 54th Street (on the 2nd floor), NYC
8pm - 11pm
Call 212-765-5454 for reservations (and great Tex-Mex food).
Monday, August 1st / Tuesday, August 2nd
 Monday, August 8th / Tuesday, August 9th
Monday, August 15th / Tuesday, August 16th
With special guest The Honey Taps on Tuesday 8/16/16
Monday, August 22nd / Tuesday, August 23rd
Monday, August 29th / Tuesday, August 30th
$20. Cash cover charge at the door + $20. Food / Drink Minimum
Please tell them you’re making a reservation to see the Nighthawks!
There is an elevator too ~ HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last month we had the New York premier at 92Y of
"Vince Giordano - There's a Future in the Past"
The Wall Street Journal
http://eepurl.com/b9bLYL
The Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/hpnbhly

UPCOMING FILM TIMES:
Thursday, August 11th
the film will be shown at 7:45pm in the
Jacob Burns Film Center
Followed by Q&A with Rich Conaty, Dave Davidson, Amber Edwards and Vince Giordano
364 Manville Rd, Pleasantville, NY 10570 Phone: (914) 773-7663
https://burnsfilmcenter.org

Saturday, August 20th
the film will be shown at 4:00pm in the
William Stanton Andrews Memorial Town Hall
54 E Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413
Followed by Q&A with Dave Davidson, Amber Edwards and Vince Giordano - Tickets are FREE, but required. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: George Flynn Classical Concerts, PO Box 473, Clinton CT, 06413 – Maximum 4 tickets.

Here's a link to watch the trailer!
http://tinyurl.com/zyvanld
We are so grateful to all the supporters who gave, and gave again, to see this project through!
We know that many of you are owed a DVD as your perk, and we have not forgotten that promise. Hudson West needs to be able to offer Home Video as one of the options available to distributors in any deal they consider; so please be patient a little longer and know that as soon as DVDs are manufactured and for sale, we will send out your free thank-you DVD perk.
Amber Edwards and Dave Davidson are in negotiations with a distributor! Fingers-crossed!!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Special Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks Concert:
Sunday, August 21st
4:00pm
William Stanton Andrews Memorial Town Hall
54 E Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413
Tickets are FREE, but required. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: George Flynn Classical Concerts, PO Box 473, Clinton CT, 06413 – Maximum 4 tickets.
- - - - - - - - - -
Special Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks Outdoor Concert:
Thursday, August 25th
Concert: 7pm – 8:15pm / Event Time: 6pm – 9:30pm
The New York Botanical Garden
American Impressionism: Gardens on Canvas
125th Anniversary Concert
2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY 10458
There's no better way to celebrate 125 years of NYBG and spend a summer evening in NYC than at these lively performances on the Conservatory Lawn. Bring your picnic blanket to take in each show with a complimentary "Fresh-Picked from the Garden" cocktail from Hangar One Vodka and refreshments for purchase from the 1891 Alehouse.
http://www.nybg.org/exhibitions/2016/125-evenings/index.php
- - - - - - - - - -
Wednesday, August 17th / 24th / 31st
5:30pm - 7:15pm
David Ostwald’s Louis Armstrong Eternity Band
Vince will be on Banjo and Guitar
Birdland Jazz Club
315 W. 44th Street, NYC
www.birdlandjazz.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
CDs Available !
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from the HBO Original Series
GRAMMY award-winner for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!
CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:
1. Quality Shout
2. Cheek to Cheek
3. Cotton Club Revisited
4. Goldkette Project
5. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack
6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits
7. Its D'Lovely – the music of Cole Porter
8. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series
9. Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: Music from the HBO Original Series
10. Boardwalk Empire – Volume Three: Music from the HBO Original Series
11. Bessie – Music from the HBO Original Series
Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230/ Please make payable to "Vince Giordano"  Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music
Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.
****************************
Did you see Woody Allen’s Café Society yet?
Vince is in the film and on the sound track with the Nighthawk’s quartet!
****************************
Nighthawks in the News:
Jazz Times
http://jazztimes.com/articles/126556-rhapsody-in-blue-at-90

Interview on WQXR: Check this out – you can listen to it here….
http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/

Wall Street Journal
http://tinyurl.com/mcrnkgk

Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIR on November 6th, 2013 ~
Check this out – you can listen to it here….
http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview
If you would like to be removed from our mailing, list just let us know.
 Vince Giordano on Facebook!
 Vince Giordano on Twitter!

Website: http://www.VinceGiordano.com
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks ~ phone: 718-376-3489 ~ email: vincegiordano at optonline.net